Splunk Search

show only infected with vulnerability on 1 machine

xavierpaul

hi,

I am a newbie in splunk

I have this one use case I am trying. search for a machine that have malware infection AND it has a vulnerability. anyone can give me pointers the best search to do it?

(sourcetype="vulnscan" severity=critical) OR sourcetype="avscan" | table av_threatname severity hostname | eval infectedandvulnerable=coalesce(av_threatname,severity)

Tags (1)
0 Karma

DMohn
Motivator

You have to use two searches and join the results of them.

Assuming your individual sourcetypes have the hostname field in common (you have to have one common field in both searches, otherwise you will have to evalthem to be identical) you may use this search:

sourcetype=vulnscan severity=critical | table hostname | join hostname [search sourcetype=avscan] 

For more info on the join command, check => http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/SearchReference/Join

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...

Updated Data Management and AWS GDI Inventory in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to Data Management and Infrastructure Inventory for AWS. The Data Management page, ...