Splunk Search

show only infected with vulnerability on 1 machine

xavierpaul

hi,

I am a newbie in splunk

I have this one use case I am trying. search for a machine that have malware infection AND it has a vulnerability. anyone can give me pointers the best search to do it?

(sourcetype="vulnscan" severity=critical) OR sourcetype="avscan" | table av_threatname severity hostname | eval infectedandvulnerable=coalesce(av_threatname,severity)

Tags (1)
0 Karma

DMohn
Motivator

You have to use two searches and join the results of them.

Assuming your individual sourcetypes have the hostname field in common (you have to have one common field in both searches, otherwise you will have to evalthem to be identical) you may use this search:

sourcetype=vulnscan severity=critical | table hostname | join hostname [search sourcetype=avscan] 

For more info on the join command, check => http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/SearchReference/Join

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...