Splunk Search

Using where in search

balcv
Contributor

I have the following search

index="pan" (dest_ip="192.168.*" AND NOT src_ip="192.168.*" AND NOT src_location="AU" AND NOT src_location="*-*" ) 
| chart count by src_location,action

This results in a nice stacked column chart showing actions (allowed & blocked) per src_location.
What I need to do is only show those src_locations where the total count (allowed + blocked) is greater than a specific value (eg totalCount >= 500).

I have tried using separate stats count by [field] as [name] statements then using eval to add them together but I can't get the results I'm wanting which is the stacked column graph by src_location showing allowed & blocked.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
Legend

@balcv ,

Try

index="pan" (dest_ip="192.168.*" AND NOT src_ip="192.168.*" AND NOT src_location="AU" AND NOT src_location="*-*" ) 
| addtotals row=true fieldname=totalCount | where totalCount >= 500|fields - totalCount
---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂

View solution in original post

renjith_nair
Legend

@balcv ,

Try

| addtotals row=true fieldname=totalCount | where totalCount >= 500|fields - totalCount
---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂

balcv
Contributor

Awesome. Thanks for that @renjith.nair

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...