Splunk Search

Using where in search

balcv
Contributor

I have the following search

index="pan" (dest_ip="192.168.*" AND NOT src_ip="192.168.*" AND NOT src_location="AU" AND NOT src_location="*-*" ) 
| chart count by src_location,action

This results in a nice stacked column chart showing actions (allowed & blocked) per src_location.
What I need to do is only show those src_locations where the total count (allowed + blocked) is greater than a specific value (eg totalCount >= 500).

I have tried using separate stats count by [field] as [name] statements then using eval to add them together but I can't get the results I'm wanting which is the stacked column graph by src_location showing allowed & blocked.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
Legend

@balcv ,

Try

index="pan" (dest_ip="192.168.*" AND NOT src_ip="192.168.*" AND NOT src_location="AU" AND NOT src_location="*-*" ) 
| addtotals row=true fieldname=totalCount | where totalCount >= 500|fields - totalCount
---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂

View solution in original post

renjith_nair
Legend

@balcv ,

Try

| addtotals row=true fieldname=totalCount | where totalCount >= 500|fields - totalCount
---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂

balcv
Contributor

Awesome. Thanks for that @renjith.nair

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...