Training + Certification Discussions

Transferring Certs between accounts?

jruzi
Engager

I just started a new job and my Splunk account is associated with my email address from my previous employer. I don't see an option to change the email address in my account settings.

Anyone know how I can do one of the following?

1) Change my email address to my new email

2) Transfer my certs to a new splunk account that I create with my new email address

Either way - I'm also curious how this would affect my associated Pearson VUE account as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Karma
1 Solution

amesser
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello.

Here's what you need to know:

This ^ cannot be done. You will need to create a new Splunk.com username for the new/preferred email address.

2) Transfer my certs to a new splunk account that I create with my new email address

This we can do. Once you have your new Splunk.com username, email certification@splunk.com and we can migrate your training + certification records over for you.

Either way - I'm also curious how this would affect my associated Pearson VUE account as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Great question! When we initiate the records move on our end, we also initiate a move on the Pearson side. This can take a bit longer (because we're relying on their team to make the changes), but everything gets moved over (exam records, registration history, authorizations, contact info, etc.).

As always, when you email certification@splunk.com, make sure you get a case creation auto-response. If you don't, it means we don't have your case!

Thanks.

View solution in original post

amesser
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello.

Here's what you need to know:

This ^ cannot be done. You will need to create a new Splunk.com username for the new/preferred email address.

This we can do. Once you have your new Splunk.com username, email certification@splunk.com and we can migrate your training + certification records over for you.

Great question! When we initiate the records move on our end, we also initiate a move on the Pearson side. This can take a bit longer (because we're relying on their team to make the changes), but everything gets moved over (exam records, registration history, authorizations, contact info, etc.).

As always, when you email certification@splunk.com, make sure you get a case creation auto-response. If you don't, it means we don't have your case!

Thanks.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...