Training + Certification Discussions

Splunk 7.x Fundamentals Part 2 (IOD) vs. Splunk 7.3 Fundamentals Part 2

s1j1yem1x
Path Finder

What is the difference between Splunk 7.x Fundamentals Part 2 (IOD) and Splunk 7.3 Fundamentals Part 2?
I want to pursue the Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin Certification . . . but not sure which course is next in the sequence. Thank you for your help.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

maraman_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Probably the same content but the first one is IOD = instructor on demand (see https://www.splunk.com/pdfs/training/SplunkEDUSubscriptionsIOD_Feb2019.pdf )
IOD mean you can do it self paced over 30 days and when ever you have.a question, you can contact a instructor on demand and chat with him (not sure on what hours/days but I think there is a pool of instructors for this)
(versus a classic virtual or on site class where the class has a exact schedule and every trainee is doing it at same time)

so I would just choose the one that best fit how you want to learn.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

s1j1yem1x
Path Finder

@maraman_splunk and @woodcock, thanks for responses. I'm leaning towards the IOD version so I can do it on my own time. I just want to be sure the content is not outdated. I've emailed education_amer@splunk.com and still waiting for their response. I also noticed that Splunk 7.x Fundamentals Part 2 (IOD) is a course while Splunk 7.3 Fundamentals Part 2 is a Training. Does anyone know if the two classes are up-to-date content-wise?

0 Karma

maraman_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Probably the same content but the first one is IOD = instructor on demand (see https://www.splunk.com/pdfs/training/SplunkEDUSubscriptionsIOD_Feb2019.pdf )
IOD mean you can do it self paced over 30 days and when ever you have.a question, you can contact a instructor on demand and chat with him (not sure on what hours/days but I think there is a pool of instructors for this)
(versus a classic virtual or on site class where the class has a exact schedule and every trainee is doing it at same time)

so I would just choose the one that best fit how you want to learn.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Probably they are the same thing but you should contact education_amer@splunk.com to be sure and come back here to tell us what you find out.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...