Splunk Search

subsearch help

mcbradford
Contributor

Not sure how to accomplish this....

First search:

index="airtight" message=quarantined eventtype="airtight_intrusion" NOT Agere | stats count by client_mac

If results are returned from first search, take the results "client_mac" and perform this search

sourcetype="nac" client_mac

display results

does this look correct?

sourcetype="nac" [search index="airtight" message=quarantined eventtype="airtight_intrusion" NOT Agere | return 100 client_mac] | stats count by client_mac, Users_Name, Company, _time

Tags (2)
0 Karma

dart
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'd do
sourcetype="nac" [search index="airtight" message=quarantined eventtype="airtight_intrusion" NOT Agere | dedup client_mac| fields client_mac]

if you want to search for sourcetype=nac client_mac=XXX OR client_mac=YYY
or

sourcetype="nac" [search index="airtight" message=quarantined eventtype="airtight_intrusion" NOT Agere | dedup client_mac| format "" "" "" "" "OR" ""]

if you want to search sourcetype="nac" XXX OR YYY

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...