Success 591
Failure with condition1 5
Success with condition1 58088
Check Resource 47245
Data Store Error 4
Read User Properties 7381
User Token Created 38737
User Token Failed 77818

I would like to collapse all result_actions and group them as follows.

Success= value
Failure=value
Total=Value

Could anyone help here

Thanks
Ashish

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

delink
Communicator

The easiest thing to do here would be to create tags for each value with your desired groups above. Setting the tag "success" on result_action="Success with condition" and so on.

You could then write a search like:

index=X1 OR index=X2 OR index=X3 OR index=X4| stats count by tag::result_action

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

ashishv
Explorer

if there is a Fail in result_action it is a FAILED & if Succ in result_action it is a SUCCESS.

thnx

0 Karma

delink
Communicator

The easiest thing to do here would be to create tags for each value with your desired groups above. Setting the tag "success" on result_action="Success with condition" and so on.

You could then write a search like:

index=X1 OR index=X2 OR index=X3 OR index=X4| stats count by tag::result_action

Hope that helps!

delink
Communicator

Excellent. If you wouldn't mind voting up the answer and selecting it as the correct answer, I would appreciate it.

0 Karma

ashishv
Explorer

Yep that worked, thnx…

Ashish

0 Karma

delink
Communicator

No problem at all. In the search interface, you will want to go into the field picker and make result_action a selected field. It will then show up under each event in the search results. From there, you can click on the result_action=value in an event and you will see a Tag option there. Just add "success" or "failure" for each of the possible result_action values, then the search provided above will work.

ashishv
Explorer

Sorry, newbie here… not sure how to add Tags.

0 Karma

delink
Communicator

Did you go through and add all of the tags on various values of result_action? I was able to run a command like this on my own Splunk instance and count results by tags rather than the original values.

0 Karma

ashishv
Explorer

this didnt work i got a "No result found"

0 Karma

lukejadamec
Super Champion

Which fields are you counting as failures, and which are successes?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...