Splunk Search

span 5min for the last 15min

LauraBre
Communicator

Hello,

I have this following search:

source="Laura_ACS"| eventstats count as "totalVE"| eventstats count(eval(STAT_VE="N")) as "totalVENO"|eval percent=(totalVENO/totalVE)*100 | stats values(totalVENO) AS COMPTEUR, values(percent) AS TAUX|search TAUX=100

I want to calculate the "TAUX" for the last 15 min but I want to have a result with a span of 5 min and launch an alert if there are more than 2 results. That means that the TAUX equals 100 twice during the last 15 minutes. How can I apply this span of 5min in my search?

Thanks by advance,

Laura

Tags (1)
0 Karma

MHibbin
Influencer

Perhaps this would help you, for the span/bucket...

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/SearchReference/bucket

And then put "earliest=-15m latest=0" in you orginal search command (i.e. source="Laura_ACS")

And then perhaps use streamstats, instead of stats, to prevent it from formatting results in to a table and keep all raw fields/data,

You can then use transaction to group events as required, and alert when you have 2 complete transactions

Regards,

MHibbin

LauraBre
Communicator

transaction is an answer but I don't know how can I apply this on my search because I have several subsearches. I want to calculate the taux for all the range time.

Thx by advance,

Laura

0 Karma

MHibbin
Influencer

I'm sorry I don't understand this question ... 😞

0 Karma

LauraBre
Communicator

Hello,

I test this but I have a problem because I have to apply the span on all my search :
-eventstats count as "totalVE"
-eventstats count(eval(STAT_VE="N")) as "totalVENO"
-stats values(totalVENO) AS COMPTEUR, values(percent) AS TAUX

But I don't know how can do it.

Thanks by advance,

Laura

0 Karma

LauraBre
Communicator

Thx very much. I test this tomorrow and I return my search as soon as I have good results.

0 Karma

MHibbin
Influencer

I haven't tested this, as I don't have any data available at the moment that I can test this on... its more of some suggestions on points to look at, that have helped me in similar situations.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...