Splunk Search

plot numeric value in a field on a google map

melonman
Motivator

Hi

I am trying to plot numeric value in a field on a google map.
I can show the count of a field, but can not figure out how to show the value in field.

e.g. results of intermediate search look like this:

myField lat         lng
1   0.0810  34.730268   136.508594
2   0.0660  35.021279   135.755635
3   0.080   33.249322   130.298799
4   0.065   34.691304   135.182995
5   0.0640  43.064278   141.346785

and plot value in myField on _geo=lat,lng.
Can anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

sdaniels
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Once you have Google Maps installed in Splunk you'll just need to do the following:

<your search> | eval _geo_count = tonumber(trim(myField)) |  eval _geo = latitude+","+longitude

You set _geo for the lat/long and _geo_count for the value. In the above example I am converting myField to a number. You might not need that.

... | eval _geo_count = myField | ... 

View solution in original post

sdaniels
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Once you have Google Maps installed in Splunk you'll just need to do the following:

<your search> | eval _geo_count = tonumber(trim(myField)) |  eval _geo = latitude+","+longitude

You set _geo for the lat/long and _geo_count for the value. In the above example I am converting myField to a number. You might not need that.

... | eval _geo_count = myField | ... 

melonman
Motivator

Thanks!

Only thing is _geo_count needs to be int, so in my case value * 1000 will do the job. Now I can plot many kind of data, like temperature, pressure, etc...

I hope _geo_count can handle other number/text format as well.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...