Splunk Search

how to use scripted input for refreshing lookup data?

desi

I have two files test1.csv and test2.csv. I indexed them in Splunk and then use them as lookup. These two files are refreshed everyday with updated data. What i want to do is refresh my lookups with new data in csv files. Here is what i came up with and put in refresh.bat files.

generatetest1.csv
     generatetest2.csv
    ./splunk stop
    ./splunk clean eventdata -index test1_index -f
    ./splunk clean eventdata -index test2_index -f
    ./splunk start
    ./splunk add oneshot "C:\downloads\proto_data\csv\test1.csv" -sourcetype csv -index test1_index -rename-source test1  -auth admin:changeme
    ./splunk search "index=test1_index | outputlookup test1lookup.csv" -auth admin:changeme

./splunk add oneshot C:\downloads\proto_data\csv\test2.csv -sourcetype csv -index test2_index -rename-source test2  -auth admin:changeme
./splunk search "index=test2_index | outputlookup test2lookup.csv" -auth admin:changeme

I have two questions:

1. is this the right way to do?
  2. if yes, how can i modify above script such that instead of calling generatetest1.csv and generatetest2.csv and creating test1.csv and test2.csv i can use scripted input and refresh my lookups.

thanks

0 Karma

melting
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

So there is actually a lookup search cmd which will use a csv for this purpose. If that doesn't work you can actually use a scripted lookup. Take a look at the docs. OR this blog post.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...