Splunk Search

how to identify how many times that same timestamp is occured .....

dilstn
Explorer

I have logs in which some events occured twice in same timestamp.......so i need to identify and eliminate those repeated timestamp alone.... I found that with dedup it provide once occurence of timestamp... but i need to eliminated repeated timestamps alone .....

For example .,,,.. these are the fields obtained by using regex ...Fields--> Date & CountryCode

Date CountryCode
Mar 28, 2013 5:42:30 AM AUS
Mar 28, 2013 5:42:30 AM AUS
Mar 28, 2013 5:50:21 AM PAK
Mar 28, 2013 5:57:14 AM USA
Mar 28, 2013 5:59:45 AM SGP
. .
. .
. .

So here i need to eliminate repeated timestamp... here the first two field values are repeated....
So it must be eliminated......

The result should be like this......

Date CountryCode

Mar 28, 2013 5:50:21 AM PAK
Mar 28, 2013 5:57:14 AM USA
Mar 28, 2013 5:59:45 AM SGP

So the repeated timestamp should be avoided .... Can u guide me .....plz...............

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

So... you want to drop any row where the timestamp occurs more than once? Try this:

... | eventstats count by _time | where count=1

View solution in original post

0 Karma

BobM
Builder

Splunk has a dedup command to remove duplicates. You just mention the fields to compare and it will keep only the first it detects.

... | dedup Date, CountryCode

Bob

0 Karma

kristian_kolb
Ultra Champion

So you want to remove all of the results for the duplicated events, not just the extras, right?

Assuming there are fields called Date and CountryCode;

...| stats c(CountryCode) as count first(CountryCode) as CountryCode by Date | where count < 2 | fields - count

/K

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

So... you want to drop any row where the timestamp occurs more than once? Try this:

... | eventstats count by _time | where count=1
0 Karma

dilstn
Explorer

you are really rocking man !!! . It worked finally ...thank U

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If that's what he wants he can do an eventstats count by _time CountryCode to eliminate that risk.

0 Karma

kristian_kolb
Ultra Champion

there's a risk that two events with different CountryCodes may happen in the same second..

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...