Splunk Search

hide calculated field from dashbaord

surekhasplunk
Communicator

Hi,

I have a calculated field call Percentage which is required for other calculations but i dont want that value to be shown in the dashbaord.

I tried table command without Percentage field name but that is still showing as Null% under that field.
I tried fields command with - Percentage but didn't work .

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

@surekhasplunk, Simple XML Configuration <fields> can be used to hide Percent field by displaying all the other fields and excluding Percent. You can still use the default table drilldown token $row.Percent$ , if you want to pass on the clicked Percent value. Check out Simple XML Reference for table: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/PanelreferenceforSimplifiedXML#table

<table>
    <search>
        <query>
              <YourBaseSearch>
              | table field1 field2 field3 Percentage
        </query>
    </search>
    <fields>field1,field2,field3</fields>
    <drilldown>
         <set token="tokPercent">$row.Percent$</set>
    </drilldown>
</table>

View solution in original post

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@surekhasplunk, Simple XML Configuration <fields> can be used to hide Percent field by displaying all the other fields and excluding Percent. You can still use the default table drilldown token $row.Percent$ , if you want to pass on the clicked Percent value. Check out Simple XML Reference for table: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/PanelreferenceforSimplifiedXML#table

<table>
    <search>
        <query>
              <YourBaseSearch>
              | table field1 field2 field3 Percentage
        </query>
    </search>
    <fields>field1,field2,field3</fields>
    <drilldown>
         <set token="tokPercent">$row.Percent$</set>
    </drilldown>
</table>

surekhasplunk
Communicator

Thanks @niketnilay it worked by adding tag with my fields in that omitting the percentage field.

Thanks a lot ... cheers

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

Yay! Glad it worked.... Happy Weekend 🙂

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Could you share your search here? In ideal situation, both of the things that you tried should've worked.

0 Karma

elliotproebstel
Champion

Is it possible that your dashboard has a <fields> tag in the XML specifying that the Percentage field should be shown?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...