Splunk Search

file upload

srajanbabu
Explorer

I deleted an uploaded file"C:\Data\acctdata\snm4-logger.log" but when i am trying to upload it again after renaming it, i couldn see that file in summary page.So i checked in manager->data inputs,there i found that file .I opened that file i m a getting a notepad opened with the following message as

{"msg": "Successfully updated \"C:\Data\2013\Splunk\FTPLOG.log\". ", "redirect": "/en-US/manager/search/data/inputs/monitor?redirecting=true&msgid=1520000.788126835839&ns=search", "status": "OK"}

i proceeded with saving the file.but no progress from there.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ShaneNewman
Motivator

You may want to add crcSalt = to your inputs.conf file for that particular input.

0 Karma

ShaneNewman
Motivator

Any luck getting that to work?

0 Karma

ShaneNewman
Motivator

command line out to the splunk bin directory. Stop splunk, run "splunk clean eventdata -index _thefishbucket"

That will tell splunk to start over from an indexing perspective, meaning it will see the file as new.

Let me know if that works.

0 Karma

hberde

Can we load the file in splunk by cloud version? and do we need to restart the splunk services after every config change?

0 Karma

srajanbabu
Explorer

still it is not working.Could you please suggest some other answer.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...