Splunk Search

dedup with total counts

phil_dupree

I have been tasked with building a dashboard which shows the total number of transactions today for each server. I can easily get the distinct servers using dedup; however, I am not sure how to directly get the number of transactions for the day. In order for me to find the number of transactions, I can use eval to subtract the min(ID_Number) from the max(ID_Number) for today; but I cannot figure out how to incorporate this with dedup.

I would like the results to look something like this:

ServerA 105
ServerB 109
ServerC 210

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bwooden
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If I understand correctly, one way would be to use the stats to get min & max per server and then use eval command to calculate total transactions for each. Example:

... | stats min(ID_Number) as min_id max(ID_Number) as max_id by server 
    | eval num_transactions = max_id - min_id
    | table server num_transactions

View solution in original post

0 Karma

bwooden
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If I understand correctly, one way would be to use the stats to get min & max per server and then use eval command to calculate total transactions for each. Example:

... | stats min(ID_Number) as min_id max(ID_Number) as max_id by server 
    | eval num_transactions = max_id - min_id
    | table server num_transactions
0 Karma

phil_dupree

Perfect! Thank you!

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Using stats count(ID_Number) by server should get you the results you seek without dedup.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...