Splunk Search

complete data not coming through search

harshal94
Engager

When I run the following query , I am getting data for limited days.
Eg. When I run this query for 1 month ,I didn't get data in stats for last 7 days.

index=dmzwebprod sourcetype=access_combined uri="checkout" host=EU status=200 | eval date_d=strftime(_time,"%Y-%m-%d")|stats count as Checkout by date_d | appendcols [search index=dmzwebprod source=access uri="checkout/orderConfirmation" host=EU status=200 | eval date_d=strftime(_time,"%Y-%m-%d")|stats count as orders by date_d] | eval ConversionRate_OrdersCheckout=(orders/Checkout)*100

Here data is not coming for "orders" field for last 7 days. While I checked in its index ,data is there, just it is not appearing in stats when I ran query for say 1 month time duration.
What should be the possible issue here?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

damien_chillet
Builder

That is weird indeed... However i think you could make your search much more effective (and that might well solve the issue).
What do you think of the following?

index=dmzwebprod sourcetype=access_combined (uri="checkout" OR uri="checkout/orderConfirmation") host=EU status=200 
    | time chart span=1d count by uri
    | rename checkout as Checkout, "checkout/orderConfirmation" as orders
    | eval ConversionRate_OrdersCheckout=(orders/Checkout)*100

View solution in original post

damien_chillet
Builder

That is weird indeed... However i think you could make your search much more effective (and that might well solve the issue).
What do you think of the following?

index=dmzwebprod sourcetype=access_combined (uri="checkout" OR uri="checkout/orderConfirmation") host=EU status=200 
    | time chart span=1d count by uri
    | rename checkout as Checkout, "checkout/orderConfirmation" as orders
    | eval ConversionRate_OrdersCheckout=(orders/Checkout)*100
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

REGISTER NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If ...

Observability | Use Synthetic Monitoring for Website Metadata Verification

If you are on Splunk Observability Cloud, you may already have Synthetic Monitoringin your observability ...

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...