Splunk Search

adding fields to a simpleResultsTable?

dlovett
Path Finder

This should be a simple search to find the age of unresolved help desk tickets. I'm new to splunk thus there may be a better way to to this. I simply want to display the results in a simpleResultsTable on a dashboard using advanced XML except I can't get "myField" to show up in a SimpleResultsTable. Any thoughts?

<module name="HiddenSearch" layoutPanel="panel_row2_col2" group="Oldest Unsolved Tickets" autoRun="True">

<param name="search">sourcetype=Remedy_Tickets | transaction ID CreateDate | where eventcount=1 AND QueryType="CREATED" | eval myField=round((now - CreateDate)/60/60/24, 1) | sort CreateDate</param>

<param name="earliest">-7d@d</param>

<param name="latest">@d</param>

<module name="SimpleResultsTable">

<param name="fields">_time ID Group myField</param>

</module>

</module>

0 Karma

dlovett
Path Finder

Actually, this appears to give the results I'm looking for:

sourcetype=Remedy_Tickets | transaction ID CreateDate | where eventcount=1 AND QueryType="CREATED" | eval dur=round((now() - CreateDate)/60/60/24, 1) | stats values(ID) as ID, values(Group) as Group, values(dur) as Days | sort CreateDate
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

REGISTER NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If ...

Observability | Use Synthetic Monitoring for Website Metadata Verification

If you are on Splunk Observability Cloud, you may already have Synthetic Monitoringin your observability ...