Splunk Search

Why am I getting duplicate markers on a map using geostats with binspanlat and binspanlong?

slr
Communicator

Hello there.

I'm building a map with "bubble" markers. These markers have one color depending on their value ( https://answers.splunk.com/answers/221348/geostats-display-bubbles-on-map-instead-of-pie-cha.html ). Until this point, all ok. Now, I want to show at zoom level 14 (openstreetmaps) all possible markers (30), and for this I need to play with binspanlong and binspanlat.

My problem? When I use these options, geostats duplicates some markers (some of them in differents locations), showing me bad info in the map. After a lot of attempts, I can't get a good result.

Someone has a clue?

0 Karma
1 Solution

slr
Communicator

Ok, I know why (someone correct me If I wrong): with the binspanlat and binspanlong I overlay several zoom layers.

I get the result that I expected using the <option name="mapping.data.maxClusters"> and I set it to 1000000, without binspanlat and binspanlong

View solution in original post

0 Karma

dhirendra761
Contributor

This app will be helpful:
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3124/

0 Karma

slr
Communicator

Ok, I know why (someone correct me If I wrong): with the binspanlat and binspanlong I overlay several zoom layers.

I get the result that I expected using the <option name="mapping.data.maxClusters"> and I set it to 1000000, without binspanlat and binspanlong

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...