Splunk Search

Where to configure axisLabelsX.majorLabelStyle.rotation

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Tried to find out where this parameter goes so that my reports show my X-Axis labels vertically as the text does not fit and all I currently can see is "0... 1... 1..." instead of "09:00 10:00 11:00"

Read that I shoulld modify this charting.axisLabelsX.majorLabelStyle.rotation to set it to 90, but the responses did not say where that must be configured.

Any ideas?

Antony

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

MarioM
Motivator

you need to do a search,build report,save report and add to dashboard.

Then the created dashboard will be in Manager > User interface > views.

You click on the name and it will bring you to the xml edit.

There you should see <option name="charting.chart"> corresponding to your report.

Then below you just add <option name="charting.axisLabelsX.majorLabelStyle.rotation">90</option>

View solution in original post

MarioM
Motivator

you need to do a search,build report,save report and add to dashboard.

Then the created dashboard will be in Manager > User interface > views.

You click on the name and it will bring you to the xml edit.

There you should see <option name="charting.chart"> corresponding to your report.

Then below you just add <option name="charting.axisLabelsX.majorLabelStyle.rotation">90</option>

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Woops.....

0 Karma

MarioM
Motivator

you can vote my 2 answers if you happy with it 😜
Thanks

0 Karma

MarioM
Motivator

I dont know about changing default but i dont think so

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

OK, thanks that worked! Do you know if it's possible to change the default and if so, where does it go?

0 Karma

MarioM
Motivator

it is in your view and this will be an option of your chart for the axisX,ie:

<chart>
  <searchName>my search</searchName>
  <title>my title</title>
  <earliestTime>-24h</earliestTime>
      <option name="charting.chart">line</option>
      <option name="charting.axisLabelsX.majorLabelStyle.rotation">90</option>
</chart>

But i am not sure this property exist as i cannot see it here Axis and grid line properties

Then you will have to test

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm such a newbie, I don't understand the answer 😞 I can see I have Manage Views and if I go to the Charting view, I can see lots of elements with values. I've read the docs on views and found that HiddenChartFormatter module contains these charting.* attrs, but I can't see how that module fits into the Charting view as that contains the FlashChart module, which is similar but different to HiddenChartFormatter...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...