Splunk Search

What regex will be needed to remove the double quotes and leave single quotes in place?

JoshuaJohn
Contributor

This populates from a dropdown menu

| search "Application"=""T zone 10.2" OR "Application"="Nitro Run 10.1" OR "Application"="Runner 9.9""

I want to remove the duplicate double quote before T zone 10.2 and after Runner 9.9. I need the single double quote to remain as the app names have spaces.

Any regex ideas? So far mine removes all quotes, which isn't what I want

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Share the dropdown search. You probably need to add a | rex mode=sed... type of statement in your search.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Share the dropdown search. You probably need to add a | rex mode=sed... type of statement in your search.

0 Karma

JoshuaJohn
Contributor

That is exactly, what I did. Worked perfectly! Thank you.

0 Karma

cpetterborg
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Am I missing something, or do you need this to be generated somehow? Why can't you just use the backspace key to remove the quotes that you don't want? There doesn't seem to be enough information here to answer you question.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...