Splunk Search

These results may be truncated. This visualization is configured to display a maximum of 1000 results per series, and that limit has been reached

SanthoshSreshta
Contributor

Hi, I have results about 3333 rows. when am generating the query as sourcetype="Churn Data_CSV" | table Churn "total eve calls" "total night calls" which displays a scatter plot. it is not showing all the values. giving a warning message below it as These results may be truncated. This visualization is configured to display a maximum of 1000 results per series, and that limit has been reached
In statistics tab, am able to get all 3333 rows but not in visualizations ( selected scatter chart ).
I am very new to this splunk. please help me out.

Thanks santhosh.

kbecker
Communicator

Have you opened a support case for this? We are trying to get Splunk to remove this limit and more customers behind this will help drive this.

Thanks,
Ken

0 Karma

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Be careful. Removing this limit could result in a crawling splunk instance because the end-users machine can't handle the rendering needed.

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Hi SanthoshSreshta,

take a look at this answer http://answers.splunk.com/answers/73745/max-data-points-that-charts-can-handle.html

cheers, MuS

SanthoshSreshta
Contributor

Hi.
Just got some solution to it < option name="charting.data.count" >9999</ option > inserted this tag to my xml and recovered.
anyway thanks a lot for quick reply 🙂

0 Karma

sloshburch
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...