Splunk Search

Restrict search terms & tstats

ccsfdave
Builder

Greetings,

I have a dashboard panel the runs the following:

| tstats sum(bytes_sent) AS sumSent sum(bytes_received) AS sumReceived FROM pan_traffic groupby _time span=5m | timechart span=5m values("sumReceived") AS "Bytes Received" values("sumSent") AS "Bytes Sent"

Groups with restricted search terms access this dashboard but their restrictions (on IP subnets) do not trigger and thus they can see all the results.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

ccsfdave
Builder

The issue here was the user didn't have access to the data I was reporting on because the data was in a different Splunk app. Once I granted access to that app, everything worked.

It would be nice to be able to share data between apps w/o granting access to the app directly.

View solution in original post

ccsfdave
Builder

The issue here was the user didn't have access to the data I was reporting on because the data was in a different Splunk app. Once I granted access to that app, everything worked.

It would be nice to be able to share data between apps w/o granting access to the app directly.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...