Splunk Search

Reindex a file on 3000 machines

daniel333
Builder

All,

I indexed a 30-line config file off all our Linux hosts. But accidentally used the wrong source-type and index. So I deleted the delete with | delete. Now I need to reindex the file now that I have the correct inputs.conf configured. I thought it would as simple as adding

crcsalt= and I'd be set. But it's not working. Any ideas?

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can change the init CRC length in your inputs.conf, that will invalidate all fishbucket entries you previously had.

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

A 30-line config file should be long enough for a 256b CRC - that's just eight byte per line.

Note, configuration keys are case sensitive. Make sure you used crcSalt and initCrcLength as specified in inputs.conf.

0 Karma

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

daniel333
Builder

Tried this with no luck. I suspect since this file is very tiny that the CRC init might not play a factor but I am honestly not sure. Any other tricks?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...