Splunk Search

Query Modification

_gkollias
Builder

I have a search that tables project name, the group it belongs to, and the total count of deployment types:

index=eis_continuous_integration sourcetype=eisci
|search Group="EG"
| bucket span=1d _time as Date
| eval Date = strftime(Date, "%m/%d/%Y")
| stats count as total_deployment_count by SRCProject, Group

It's a nice table and all, but I'd like to create a column chart that displays the different project names on the x-axis, the group it belongs to on the left hand side (not just "Group", but "EG", etc.), and the total deployment count as the y-axis.

How can I modify this search so I get these results in a dashboard panel?

Thank You

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

kristian_kolb
Ultra Champion

Hi,

Your query looks a bit odd. The search Group="EG" condition could be moved to before the first pipe. You do some calculations on time/date, but never use them...

Without having any sample data, it's bit hard to see what you want to do, but perhaps you are looking for something like this;

| chart count as total_deployment_count over SRCProject by Group

/K

View solution in original post

0 Karma

kristian_kolb
Ultra Champion

Hi,

Your query looks a bit odd. The search Group="EG" condition could be moved to before the first pipe. You do some calculations on time/date, but never use them...

Without having any sample data, it's bit hard to see what you want to do, but perhaps you are looking for something like this;

| chart count as total_deployment_count over SRCProject by Group

/K

0 Karma

_gkollias
Builder

Thanks for pointing that out. I used a search I previously used and never removed it 🙂

That search helped, I really appreciate it!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...