Splunk Search

Is there a setting to increase the "results per page" value when you show source?

Jeremiah
Motivator

When I go to show source on an event, the maximum number of results I can display is 1000 (the "Results per page" dropdown). Is there a setting to increase this value?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Stephen_Sorkin
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

These options are loaded from $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/search/default/data/ui/views/show_source.xml. You could tune this by placing an edited version of this file in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/search/local/data/ui/views/show_source.xml. However, there's an implicit limit on the number of events that can be retrieved based on a time bound around the target event, which in 4.1.x is 1 day.

View solution in original post

teh21

Does anyone know what needs added/changed in the show_source.xml file to raise this limit? My file doesn't have anything specifying any values at all.

0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

you can edit the view directly in the UI and add your limits.

search app
ui > view > showsource > edit xml

0 Karma

Stephen_Sorkin
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

These options are loaded from $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/search/default/data/ui/views/show_source.xml. You could tune this by placing an edited version of this file in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/search/local/data/ui/views/show_source.xml. However, there's an implicit limit on the number of events that can be retrieved based on a time bound around the target event, which in 4.1.x is 1 day.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...