Splunk Search

I'm trying to perform a subsearch on lookup table and extract two fields using a or statement

dkorlat
Explorer

Hi
I'm trying to perform a subsearch to get a list of users in a lookup table and map the mail field to recipients and sender and perform a
search on recipients or sender. At the moment it's only performing the search if the recipients and senders are both as the recipients and sender .
Is there is a way to change it to search for recipients or senders that match to the fields instead of both fields need to match?
Here is my current search.
index=msexchange sourcetype="MSExchange:2010:MessageTracking" recipients=* OR sender=* [| inputlookup Finance_Users.csv | eval recipients = mail | eval sender = mail | fields recipients, sender] | dedup message_id | eval DLM = coalesce(SEC,DLM) |sort by -_time | convert timeformat="%d/%m/%Y %I:%M:%S %p" ctime(_time) | table _time, sender, recipient, message_subject, DLM | rename sender as Sender, recipient as Recipient, _time as Time, message_subject as Subject

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try like this

index=msexchange sourcetype="MSExchange:2010:MessageTracking"  [| inputlookup Finance_Users.csv | eval recipients = mail | eval sender = mail | fields recipients, sender | format "(" "" "OR" "" "OR" ")" ] | dedup message_id | eval DLM = coalesce(SEC,DLM)  |sort by -_time | convert timeformat="%d/%m/%Y %I:%M:%S %p" ctime(_time)  | table _time, sender, recipient, message_subject, DLM | rename sender as Sender, recipient as Recipient, _time as Time, message_subject as Subject

View solution in original post

0 Karma

dkorlat
Explorer

Thanks worked perfectly.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try like this

index=msexchange sourcetype="MSExchange:2010:MessageTracking"  [| inputlookup Finance_Users.csv | eval recipients = mail | eval sender = mail | fields recipients, sender | format "(" "" "OR" "" "OR" ")" ] | dedup message_id | eval DLM = coalesce(SEC,DLM)  |sort by -_time | convert timeformat="%d/%m/%Y %I:%M:%S %p" ctime(_time)  | table _time, sender, recipient, message_subject, DLM | rename sender as Sender, recipient as Recipient, _time as Time, message_subject as Subject
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...