Splunk Search

How to use rex to extract the values?

ewise1

I want to make a table that shows ACTION, DATABASE USER, PRIVILEGE, CLIENT USER and DBID; I want the value between ' '. My field extraction and rex fails. Please advice.

Sat May 20 23:59:45 2017
LENGTH : '426'
ACTION :[278] 'select sofar, context, start_time from v$session_longops where (start_time > nvl(:1, sysdate-100) or start_time = nvl(:2, sysdate+100)) and sid = :3 and serial# = :4 and opname like 'RMAN:%' order by start_time desc, context desc'
DATABASE USER:[1] '/'
PRIVILEGE :[6] 'SYSDBA'
CLIENT USER:[6] 'bing'
CLIENT TERMINAL:[0] ''
DBID:[9] '000000000'

Tags (1)
0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Hi ewise1,

take a look at this answer https://answers.splunk.com/answers/214487/can-i-extract-a-field-with-a-regexed-dynamic-field.html to learn how it can be done.

Your regex would be something like this:

^(\w+\s\w+|^\w+)[\s:\[\d\]]+'(.+)'

hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

0 Karma

ewise1

MuS,

thanks for your response, referring to the link you mentioned I should say that I don't have access to transform.conf.

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

How come? transforms.conf can be created/modified in the UI under settings - fields - field transformation

Read this https://answers.splunk.com/answers/149597/im-struggling-with-how-i-should-be-doing-inputs-and-also-p... which explains how the options of props and transforms maps to the UI.
cheers, MuS

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...