Splunk Search

How to use fields from two csv files in a search for an arithmetic calculation to create a new field?

karthikTIL
Path Finder

HI,

I have two files, test1.csv and test2.csv.
I want to do some arithmetic calculation involving fields from both files test1.csv and test2.csv.
Also, i want to use only september month data from test1.csv.Please let me know how to involve both files in a single query to cter to my requirement.

test1.csv has fields ->name,start time,end time,total_time,date_month
test2.csv has fields->name,No_of_Person,lost_time

What i require is, if date_month=september from test1.csv and 'name' from test1.csv ='name' from test2.csv,then A=total_time*No_of_Person*lost_time, where 'A' is a new field i want to create.

Tags (3)
0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

How about

| inputlookup test1.csv | search date_month="september" | join name [inputlookup test2.csv] | eval A=total_time*No_of_Person*lost_time

Ayn
Legend

Please add more information - exactly what kind of calculations, and what your csv files look like.

0 Karma

karthikTIL
Path Finder

test1.csv has fields ->name,start time,end time,total_time,date_month
test2.csv has fields->name,No_of_Person,lost_time

What i require is, if date_month=september from test1.csv and 'name' from test1.csv ='name' from test2.csv,then A=total_time*No_of_Person*lost_time, where 'A' is a new field i want to create.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

REGISTER NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If ...

Observability | Use Synthetic Monitoring for Website Metadata Verification

If you are on Splunk Observability Cloud, you may already have Synthetic Monitoringin your observability ...

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...