Splunk Search

How to stop timechart drilldown using javascript?

vikas_gopal
Builder

Hi Experts,

I am struggling to stop time chart drilldown using js. Here is the code.

this._chartView = new ChartView({
                managerid: 'details-search-manager',
                'charting.legend.placement': 'none'
                'charting.drilldown': 'none'    
});

'charting.legend.placement': 'none' is working absolutely fine but 'charting.drilldown': 'none' is getting ignored by Splunk. Please help.

0 Karma
1 Solution

vikas_gopal
Builder

The only stupid problem with my code was that I was missing ',' in the 3rd line .Due to this silly mistake Splunk was ignoring 3rd line .

View solution in original post

0 Karma

vikas_gopal
Builder

The only stupid problem with my code was that I was missing ',' in the 3rd line .Due to this silly mistake Splunk was ignoring 3rd line .

0 Karma

bmacias84
Champion

Javascript provides a method called preventDefault(). The method must be tied to an event. Below is an example using table.

splunkTable = new TableView({
    id: "members"+epoch2.getTime(),
    managerid: elementSearch,
    el: $(innerElement)
}).render();
splunkTable.on("click", function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
});

The sample above is an extract from a working Splunk project.

preventDefault

vikas_gopal
Builder

Thanks for the solution , it works. The only stupid problem with my code was that I was missing ',' in the second line .Due to this silly mistake Splunk was ignoring 3rd line .Thanks again

0 Karma

bmacias84
Champion

Thank for you for voting my answer up, could you accept it?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...