Splunk Search

How to show custom message

splunking1t

Below is the source of my code. I want to display "A Custom Message" instead of "No results found" I tried many ways but still it shows me No results found. How can i do that and when I've results i want to see the bar chart with tableName which somehow is not showing now. My Splunk Version is 7.0.1
My Query: index=index sourcetype="sourcetype" TableName=* ErrorTotal>0
| chart sum(Errors) as "Error Row",sum(When) as "Conditional Rows",sum(NULL) as "NULL" by TableName

TestDashboard index=index sourcetype="sourcetype" TableName=* ErrorTotal>0 | chart sum(Errors) as "Error Row",sum(When) as "Conditional Rows",sum(NULL) as "NULL" by TableName -24h@h now 1 ellipsisNone 0 visible visible visible none linear none linear none 0 inherit bar 50 10 area gaps none 0.01 default minimal none 0 0 ellipsisMiddle standard right 2 0 1 medium

Tags (1)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Give this a try

index=index sourcetype="sourcetype" TableName=* ErrorTotal>0
| chart sum(Errors) as "Error Row",sum(When) as "Conditional Rows",sum(NULL) as "NULL" by TableName
| appendpipe [| stats count | where count=0 | eval Message="Your Custom Message Here" | table Message]
0 Karma

splunking1t

Thanks Somesoni2 for your response. I tried this earlier and it doesn't still shows the custom message.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

There was a missing double quotes which I added now.

I got similar query working for me. See this runanywhere sample search , need access to _internal index in order to run it. Just add some dummy keywords in the base search so that it will not return anything.

index=_internal sourcetype=scheduler  result_count>0| chart sum(result_count) as ResultCount sum(run_time) as "RunTime" by status | appendpipe [| stats count | where count=0 | eval Message="Custom"| table Message]
0 Karma

splunking1t

Yes, I saw there was a missing quotes and added that. I tried the sample query as well but still I see my chart with lines when there're no results instead of custom message.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

So you do see a table with custom message in Statistics tab? What should your bar chart show when there are no results.?

0 Karma

splunking1t

Yes, I see the custom message in statistics tab. It still shows me empty bar chart.
If in case there're no result Instead of showing an empty bar chart I wanted to show a custom message eg. "No errors Found".

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...