Splunk Search

How to get the total count by getting the number from the string in Splunk log?

karthi25
Path Finder

I have a splunk log as follows:

...||pool-2-thread-1|| INFO  com.tmobile.sfdc.reports.batch.writer.LeadItemWriter - LEAD_JOB: Batch insertion is successful for count 1000 and exiting method write()::LeadItemWriter

----||pool-2-thread-1|| INFO  com.tmobile.sfdc.reports.batch.writer.LeadItemWriter - LEAD_JOB: Batch insertion is successful for count 197 and exiting method write()::LeadItemWriter

||pool-2-thread-1|| INFO  com.tmobile.sfdc.reports.batch.writer.OrderItemWriter - ORDER_JOB: Batch insertion is successful for count 3860 and exiting method write()::OrderItemWriter

||pool-2-thread-1|| INFO  com.tmobile.sfdc.reports.batch.writer.OrderItemWriter - ORDER_JOB: Batch insertion is successful for count 30 and exiting method write()::OrderItemWriter

I need to get the total count by job type, So My result will be like

ORDER_JOB           LEAD_JOB
------------------------------------------
3890                        1197

Can anyone please help me to write the Splunk query for getting the above result?

0 Karma
1 Solution

xpac
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this:

index=whatever yourquery
| rex "Writer\s+-\s+(?<jobtype>[^:]+):\s+Batch.*?successful.*count\s+(?<jobcount>\d+)\s+and"
| stats sum(jobcount) by jobtype

Hope that helps - if it does I'd be happy if you would upvote/accept this answer, so others could profit from it. 🙂

View solution in original post

xpac
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this:

index=whatever yourquery
| rex "Writer\s+-\s+(?<jobtype>[^:]+):\s+Batch.*?successful.*count\s+(?<jobcount>\d+)\s+and"
| stats sum(jobcount) by jobtype

Hope that helps - if it does I'd be happy if you would upvote/accept this answer, so others could profit from it. 🙂

karthi25
Path Finder

@xpac If I have ":" symbol after the count means how can I change it . I mean count : 360

0 Karma

xpac
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

| rex "Writer\s+-\s+(?<jobtype>[^:]+):\s+Batch.*?successful.*count\s+:\s+(?<jobcount>\d+)\s+and"

The \s+ always mean "one or more whitespaces, e.g. space, tab, newline etc.

0 Karma

karthi25
Path Finder

@xpac its not working. For the log like:

||pool-2-thread-1|| INFO  com.tmobile.sfdc.reports.service.OpportunityService - OPPORTUNITY_JOB: List size: 41 

how can I get the value 41

0 Karma

xpac
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I fixed the regex in the comment above, sorry, I made a copy&paste error.

The line you showed this time is different from it's structure, however, this regex should work for all lines:

| rex "-\s+(?<jobtype>[^:]+):.*?(?<jobcount>\d+).*?$"

Be aware that this regex is rather generic, because the log formats are different, and it might capture the wrong data in some cases.

0 Karma

karthi25
Path Finder

@xpac Sorry, that is not for the previous requirement ,its for new purpose .So I don't want it as generic. That is different log, the above query returns uncorrect result .

0 Karma

xpac
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Then try this:

| rex "OPPORTUNITY_JOB:\s+List\s+size:\s+(?<listsize>\d+)[\D|$]"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...