Splunk Search

How to extract field values in a search and format in a table?

akash_akkis

Hi I am new to splunk I wanted to extract data from logs that have a particular string with a value and only return data the logs format I have searched in below format

ID: 2999
   Payload: {"Audit":{"__queryElapsedTime":"267","__requestReceived":"2014.09.04 06:01:04.560
   Address: sdfjkjsdljsjdjjkljsd";k;lklsdk

I wanted to search ID , Payload , Address and list in table format

ID            Address                 Payload
2999     sdjsdjj;'lkdfj;ksfdk        {"Audit":{"queryElapsedTime":"267","requestReceivePlease 

help me I am stuck with prod issue.

Tags (3)
0 Karma

tom_frotscher
Builder

Hi!

If the above is what your events look like you should be able to do the field extraction with an regular expression. Your search would then look something like:

...| rex "ID:\s+(?<ID>\d+)\s+Payload:\s+(?<Payload>.*)\s+Address:\s+(?<Address>.*)$" | table ID Payload Address

Greetings

Tom

0 Karma

akash_akkis

Hey Tom thanks for the answer but data is not populated in Table giving blank result

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...