Splunk Search

How to extract date separated by period

jkordis

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to take data such as 201908.1 from a field I've renamed in my search as "Operating System Version" and separate 2019, 08, and 1 from it.

I've looked on here for help in regex or using substr and haven't been able to make it work.

If anyone has any input it'd be appreciated!

0 Karma

mayurr98
Super Champion

here you go !
try this run anywhere search

| makeresults | eval "Operating System Version"="201908.1" | table "Operating System Version" | rex field="Operating System Version" "(?<year>^\d{4})(?<month>\d{1,2})\.(?<day>\d{1,2})"

In your env, you should try

..| rex field="Operating System Version" "(?<year>^\d{4})(?<month>\d{1,2})\.(?<day>\d{1,2})"
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

... | rex field=<YourFieldNameHere> "^(?<year>\d{4})(?<month>\d{2})\.(?<day>\d+)$"
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...