Splunk Search

How to exclude page resources in the search results

xvxt006
Contributor

Hi, i am using the below search query to get uri commands from the access logs. But result includes page resources as well (js, imgs, css etc). I want to exclude these. How can i do that?

Basically i want to exclude any uri which ends with (.js, .css, .img, etc). How can i add that condition to the below query?

sourcetype=access_combined_wcookie host=qalws* LR_VPT_HYBRIS | rex field=uri "/(?P.*?)[?/\"]" | top limit=5000 command

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jonuwz
Influencer

Example to exclude js and css files

index=_* sourcetype="splunk_web_access" NOT ( uri=*.js OR uri=*.css) | table uri

So you should be good to just modify your main search as follows :

sourcetype=access_combined_wcookie host=qalws LR_VPT_HYBRIS NOT (uri=*.js OR uri=*.css OR uri=*.img)

View solution in original post

jonuwz
Influencer

No problem - feel free to accept the answer if it worked for you

0 Karma

xvxt006
Contributor

Awesome. Thank you both. it is working fine. I was doing uri!= and it did not give me proper results. Thanks for your help.

0 Karma

jonuwz
Influencer

Example to exclude js and css files

index=_* sourcetype="splunk_web_access" NOT ( uri=*.js OR uri=*.css) | table uri

So you should be good to just modify your main search as follows :

sourcetype=access_combined_wcookie host=qalws LR_VPT_HYBRIS NOT (uri=*.js OR uri=*.css OR uri=*.img)
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...