Splunk Search

How to develop a table based on my CSV log format?

balleste
Engager

I have the following log format and I'm trying to create a table that will have the following format:

"Device","Object","Value" "mail01","Analyzed attachment count","100 #" "mail02","Analyzed attachment count","3 #" "mail03","Analyzed attachment count","300 #" "mail04","Analyzed attachment count","25 #" "mail05","Analyzed attachment count","1000 #"

|Device | Object | Value |
|mail01 | Analyzed attachment count | 100 |
|mail02 | Analyzed attachment count | 3 |
|mail03 | Analyzed attachment count | 300 |
|mail04 | Analyzed attachment count | 25 |
|mail05 | Analyzed attachment count | 1000 |

Any ideas?

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try like this

your base search to select that event | rex max_match=0 "\"(?<Device>[^\"]+)\",\"(?<Object>[^\"]+)\",\"(?<Value>\d+)\s+#\"" | eval temp=mvzip(mvzip(Device,Object,"#"),"#")  | mvexpand temp | rex field=temp "(?<Device>.+)#(?<Object>.+)#(?<Value>\d+)" | table Device Object Value

balleste
Engager

Thanks for the response...I ran it but I get an error with the eval command stating that the arguments of the mvzip command is invalid.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...