Splunk Search

How to create a timechart showing how many unique FieldA were created in the last 7 days and the total number of unique FieldA?

jaimini1414

Hi all,

I am new to splunk and I am trying to form a timechart for my following question:

How many unique entityx were created in last 7 days and what's the total number of unique entityx?

To do this, here is what I am doing

index=* host=* `logRecordType(entityx) | timechart dc(entityx) AS "Number of Unique Unique"

But how do I add the total number of unique entityx in my chart......!!!!!

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

stephane_cyrill
Builder

HI try this:
...... | timechart span=7d values(entityx) AS values dc(entityx) AS
"Number of Unique Unique"

If you need only for the last 7 days:

... | timechart span=7d values(entityx) AS values dc(entityx) AS
"Number of Unique Unique" |head 1

View solution in original post

stephane_cyrill
Builder

HI try this:
...... | timechart span=7d values(entityx) AS values dc(entityx) AS
"Number of Unique Unique"

If you need only for the last 7 days:

... | timechart span=7d values(entityx) AS values dc(entityx) AS
"Number of Unique Unique" |head 1

stephane_cyrill
Builder

jaimini1414, I'm happy to see that you are satisfy.

I also see that you accepted. BUT MY KARMA HISTORY SHOWS A Down VOTE from you.Why?

0 Karma

jaimini1414

Hey thanks for your respond...But I would like to have the total number of unique ones....i still dont see it.

I dont mind seeing the total in the legends as well...But still no I dont see that...

0 Karma

stephane_cyrill
Builder

I don"t understand you very well, assuming that you have many "Number of Unique Unique" , do you want thier total ? if it is the case , remove head and do :

......|addtotals fieldname="Number of Unique Unique"

jaimini1414

This worked...Thankss...!!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...