Splunk Search

How to create a pie chart for my search to show the percentage of each number displayed in the table?

chadman
Path Finder

I would like to create a pie chart for the following search.

sourcetype="my_sort" earliest=-30d| dedup host | table encrypt_c

This should show a long column of 2's with maybe a hand full of 1's.. I would like to show in a pie chart the percent of each number that is displayed in the column.

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Try this:

sourcetype="my_sort" earliest=-30d | stats latest(encrypt_c) BY host

Then click on the visualization tab which should show you a pie chart with most values in "other".
Then save this as a dashboard panel and edit the XML to change the value of this parameter to 0 to disable collapsing; read about how the panel collapses values into "other" (see sliceCollapsingThreshold):

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.3/AdvancedDev/CustomChartingConfig-chartlegend#piech...

By default, values that make up less that 1% of the whole are collapsed into "other".

View solution in original post

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Try this:

sourcetype="my_sort" earliest=-30d | stats latest(encrypt_c) BY host

Then click on the visualization tab which should show you a pie chart with most values in "other".
Then save this as a dashboard panel and edit the XML to change the value of this parameter to 0 to disable collapsing; read about how the panel collapses values into "other" (see sliceCollapsingThreshold):

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.3/AdvancedDev/CustomChartingConfig-chartlegend#piech...

By default, values that make up less that 1% of the whole are collapsed into "other".

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...