Splunk Search

How to convert epoch timestamp to readable date format?

tattoostreet
Engager

Hi,

I am browsing information on one of our ticketing server databases, however, when I try to show table contents, it shows a weird format of date like the one below. Can anyone help how I can fix this? Thanks!

SystemLogID: 1713

CreatedDate: 1405343596.040

UserID: XX

Actions: XX

IsActive: XX

TicketID: XXXX

1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That's an epoch timestamp, seconds.milliseconds since 1970. You can convert that to a readable format by appending this to your search:

... | fieldformat CreatedDate = strftime(CreatedDate, "%F %T.%3N")

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That's an epoch timestamp, seconds.milliseconds since 1970. You can convert that to a readable format by appending this to your search:

... | fieldformat CreatedDate = strftime(CreatedDate, "%F %T.%3N")

sunnyparmar
Communicator

Thanks.. It's work in my case..

0 Karma

bluemarvel
Path Finder

works thank you

0 Karma

brigancc
Explorer

My Epoch timestamp was something like this

StartTime=1449559286189
EndTime=1449577678580

So dividing it by 1000 did the trick

eval StartTime=StartTime/1000, EndTime=EndTime/1000 | fieldformat StartTime=strftime(StartTime, "%F %T.%3N") | fieldformat EndTime=strftime(EndTime, "%F %T.%3N")

muralianup
Communicator

Or you can create a macro as well.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...