Splunk Search

How to combine my two searches and create a time chart with the resulting data?

prakashbhanu407

I have to add 2 searches. Each search's output is FileName and Time....and I have to create a graph with the 2 types of file counts against time.

I used the search below:

index=MyIndex  (   (filename=PNASC.HRBDT.*)   OR   (filename=PNASC.MBRETRAN.*) ) status=1 |rename filename as FileNameA, _time as Time | table "FileNameA" status
append status [ search index=MyIndex   (  (filename=CFCF.GRP*.txt)   OR  (filename=CFCF.MBR*.txt) )   status=1 |rename filename as "FileNameB", _time as Time |table "FileNameB" status
] timechart span=1d count("FileNameA") count("FileNameB")

but getting errors

tried Join too, but I don't have any common field with same values.

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try like this (assuming all data lies in same MyIndex)

index=MyIndex   filename=PNASC.HRBDT.* OR   filename=PNASC.MBRETRAN.* OR filename=CFCF.GRP*.txt OR  filename=CFCF.MBR*.txt status=1 | eval Type=if(like(filename,"PNASC.HRBDT.%") OR like(filename,"PNASC.MBRETRAN.%"),"FileNameA","FileNameB")
| timechart span=1d count by Type

View solution in original post

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try like this (assuming all data lies in same MyIndex)

index=MyIndex   filename=PNASC.HRBDT.* OR   filename=PNASC.MBRETRAN.* OR filename=CFCF.GRP*.txt OR  filename=CFCF.MBR*.txt status=1 | eval Type=if(like(filename,"PNASC.HRBDT.%") OR like(filename,"PNASC.MBRETRAN.%"),"FileNameA","FileNameB")
| timechart span=1d count by Type
0 Karma

prakashbhanu407

Worked like a charm ...thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...