Splunk Search

How to achieve dashboard filter on a tabular panel without the visibility of that filter column?

Vish
Explorer

So I have a tabular chart as below with component, basket and ageing for 1 to 10 days.

So basically i am finding out the ageing of each component and also a basket filter to filter out the component based on different basket.

But i don't want the basket column to be in my tabular chart like if u can see the last 2 rows are of same component but different basket now i want a single row of each component and i will add a filter using the basket column and it has to filter out according but my below tabular chart should be change to a tabular chart having only component column and age column (and only one row for each component).

Vish_0-1682421585367.png

So is it possible to do it. If yes, please help out.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

seemanshu
Path Finder

Hi @Vish ,
Thanks for the update.
As per the recent requirement, if the rows with similar COMPONENT are required to be combined in a single row, then one of the following options could be used,

• if the BASKET is required in the final result, then use the following search,

index=<index_name> sourcetype=<sourcetype_name>
| table COMPONENT, BASKET, AGE
| search BASKET=$tok_basket$
| stats values(AGE) as AGE, values(BASKET) as BAKSET by COMPONENT 
  • if BASKET is NOT required in the final results, then use the following search,
| stats values(AGE) as AGE by COMPONENT 

Here, the filter $tok_basket$ passes the BASKET number as the user selects and filters out the results.

Kindly support the answer if found helpful.

0 Karma

Vish
Explorer

The solution gave a partial answer, my components got combined but in my ageing column data is missing

this output should be these combination

Vish_1-1682568385665.png

but i have got this

Vish_0-1682568323595.png

few values are reversed also like the values of age of basket 3 is exhanged with basket 4

0 Karma

VatsalJagani
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@Vish - Your query would be something like this to achieve it.

..... <your original search> ....
| stats values(AGE) as AGE by COMPONENT

• Here in this query, $tok_basket$ is filtering the results as you asked.
  • And then | stats ... by COMPONENT as you asked to get only one line instead of multiple lines.

Kindly upvote if you found it helpful!!!

0 Karma

seemanshu
Path Finder

Hi @Vish ,
As per the requested query,
the following search could be used,

| fields - BASKET

Here, the filter $tok_basket$ passes the BASKET number as the user selects and filters out the results.

Kindly support the answer if found helpful.

0 Karma

Vish
Explorer

@seemanshu  This is valid if the Basket has to be removed from output but i want the rows to be combined as a single row, like the last 2 rows of my below picture as to be a single row

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...