Splunk Search

How to Dynamically save model name using a column value?

bhavesh0124
Explorer

Hi I have the following query for training a model. However, I want to save my model name using a single column value that comes from a lookup. In a nutshell, I want to save the model name dynamically.

index = "Abc" 
fields Days, Count, Target
| sample partitions=100
| appendpipe
[ | search partition_number < 90 | fields - partition_number
| fit DecisionTreeRegressor "target" from * splitter=best into "model_name" apply=false ]

So currently the model name is "model_name" but I want it to come from a lookup, where there is single column and a single value. 

@niketn  @gcusello 

Labels (4)
0 Karma

bhavesh0124
Explorer

That worked! Thanks a lot

0 Karma

etoombs
Path Finder

I've never tried to make a model name dynamically,  but have done it with outputlookup - maybe you can do something similar?

| outputlookup
[| makeresults
| eval filename=strftime(relative_time(relative_time(now(),"-1mon@mon"), "@m"), "filename_%B_%Y.csv")
| return $filename]

Something like:

[ | search partition_number < 90 | fields - partition_number
| fit DecisionTreeRegressor "target" from * splitter=best into [|inputlookup xyz output myfieldname|return $myfilename] apply=false ]

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...