Splunk Search

How to Display transaction result in a table

smolcj
Builder

Hi,
I have a search using transaction command
mysearch | transaction startswith=start endswith=end
and I am getting several events as one event, i would like those events to be displayed in a table.

Is it possible to do so??
please help
Thank you

Tags (2)
0 Karma

nmulm
Explorer

Just to follow up as I had a similar issue, I think that you can get all the lines that each transaction returns into a single row by using _raw as your field e.g.

transaction | table _raw field1 field2 etc etc

0 Karma

gwallin042
Engager

I think you want:

mysearch | transaction startswith=start endswith=end mvlist=t | table field1, field2, field3

By default transaction will "group" like values, mvlist tells it to display repeated values in your resulting table

The next issue i haven't figured out yet will be if you need to export the results. . .

smolcj
Builder

I am using this search index=main source=file.txt|transaction startswith=TM_6000 endswith=TM_6020 maxevents=10000
and my output is like alt text
It looks so crappy and i am not able to use redirection for this ... appending a table command after transaction gives
alt text
i want it as a normal table that i can provide external links to some of the field

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

like kkolb said: provide some samples, real samples of your log events. perhaps we are then able to help.....

0 Karma

smolcj
Builder

i am not getting proper table .. the values are deduplicated , for example if the severity is info for 5 events, it will show only once, something like we used values(field) or list (field).. i am in need of exact table 😞

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

as Ayn already stated, why don't just use the table command next?

0 Karma

smolcj
Builder

My log events are like this

timestamp ... event start ..
....some other events
timestamp... event end
timestamp..another eventstart
event end

So inorder to display all the events between start and stop i used transaction command
... | transaction startswith= "event star" ends with ="event end".. but i want those events to be displayed in tables.. How could i , is there any other alternative for transaction command?
Please help

0 Karma

kristian_kolb
Ultra Champion

I think a good idea would be to provide a few sample events, and a sketch of how you want the output.

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

So if it's the combined events you want to show, what's stopping you from using table?

0 Karma

smolcj
Builder

Ayn, combined events that transaction creates should be displayed in tables and thereafter i have to use re-director to one of the field like severity.. i need to display all the events between specific keywords that is the reason i used transaction command

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

Which events, the pre-transaction individual events or the combined events that transaction creates?

0 Karma

smolcj
Builder

Hi,
i dont want events as multivalued as because these events can be read through transaction command i did so.
i wan them to be in tables

0 Karma

bellaed
Path Finder

a table command after transaction can do the job

0 Karma

dart
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

smolcj, can you explain your use case more fully?

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

So you're combining multiple events into one event, then you want that event to be displayed as...multiple events again?

0 Karma

smolcj
Builder

something related to this, but i my transaction uses startwith and endswith, i need tables in expanded form, now they are displaying as if i used list() ot values() i want it to be exactly like a normal table... any thoughts????
please help

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...