Splunk Search

How extract fields within my sample log?

ppanchal
Path Finder

Below is my log

Database-Error(3100)\nCONF-01083 - Count of positive/negative confirmations do not match the service quantity.  -> route order:152561611(61NX) / customer:699-0006223seq.nr:2\nCause: SQLException: ORA-20000: CONF-01083 - Count of positive/negative confirmations do not match the service quantity.  -> route order:152561611(61NX) / customer:699-0006223seq.nr:2\nORA-06512

I want to extract 3 fields,
152561611 as routeorder
61NX as route
699-0006223 as customer

Can somebody please assist me in achieving this?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

| rex "->\s*route\s*order:(?<routeorder>\d+)\((?<route>[^\)]+)\)\s*\/*\s*customer:(?<customer>[\d-]+)"
0 Karma

rphillips_splk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can achieve this with a search-time field extraction on your search head in props.conf:
apply this the sourcetype,source,or host metadata
example using sourcetype:

$SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/props.conf
[mysourcetype]
EXTRACT-fields = route\s+order\:(?<routeorder>\d+)\((?<route>\S+)\)\s+\/\s+customer\:(?<customer>\d+\-\d+)

0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

This will pull the first example of each field out of the _raw data.

| rex "route order:(?<routeorder>\d+)\s+?\((?<route>[^\)]*\))"
| rex "customer:(?<customer>[-0-9]*)"

Assumptions - (A) routeorder is always numeric (B )route is always found in parenthesis after the route, and does not contain any internal parenthesis, (C) customer consists solely of numbers and dashes.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...