Splunk Search

How do I search the difference between the the sum of latest value from two consecutive days?

andra_pietraru
Path Finder

Right now, I am computing the latest value of a field per ID per each day and then I compute the sum of it. But I would like to see the difference between e.g. sum of day 2 - sum of day 1 as the range for day 2.

My search:

msgType=myMessage  | reverse |  bucket _time span=1d | stats last(myField) AS lastSeenValue by _time ID| timechart span=1d sum(lastSeenValue)

What I want to achieve is to find the range of field myField per day.
I tried using range(myField) but that will miss adding the last event of the previous day.
Any suggestions? Thanks!

1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Try this:

msgType=myMessage  | reverse |  bucket _time span=1d | stats last(myField) AS lastSeenValue by _time ID | timechart span=1d sum(lastSeenValue) AS sumLastSeenValue | streamstats current=f  last(sumLastSeenValue ) AS prevSumLastSeenValue by ID | fillnull | eval delta = sumLastSeenValue - prevSumLastSeenValue

View solution in original post

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Try this:

msgType=myMessage  | reverse |  bucket _time span=1d | stats last(myField) AS lastSeenValue by _time ID | timechart span=1d sum(lastSeenValue) AS sumLastSeenValue | streamstats current=f  last(sumLastSeenValue ) AS prevSumLastSeenValue by ID | fillnull | eval delta = sumLastSeenValue - prevSumLastSeenValue

andra_pietraru
Path Finder

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...