Splunk Search

Group the events

ncbshiva
Communicator

Hi

I have a log file , i want to search events for first occurrence of word "error" in that file, till the first occurrence of word "READY TO ACTIVATE".

I want to list all the events between first occurrence of "error" and first occurrence of "READY TO ACTIVATE".

Please help me ..........

Tags (1)
0 Karma

kristian_kolb
Ultra Champion

Using transaction like Ayn suggests; you'll get multivalued fields. Assuming that you have a field called 'status' which in your case contains either 'error' or 'ok', you could do (after the transaction)

| eval err = mvfilter(match(status, "error")) |  eval err_count = mvcount(err)

If all the events in the transaction contains status=error, you could use the eventcount field that is created by the transaction. Perhaps subtract 1 from the eventcount, if the 'READY TO ACTIVATE' event does not contain 'error'.

Without sample events, it is a lot harder to give you good advice.

/K

ncbshiva
Communicator

Hi kristian.kolb

I am not getting the count of word "error" correctly, If there are two "error" words in the log file , its giving the count as one only....

please help me....

Ayn
Legend

Use transaction.

... | transaction startswith="error" endswith="READY TO ACTIVATE"

ncbshiva
Communicator

i have used the same, but i need to evaluate the count of "error" from line 1 till the first occurrence of "READY TO ACTIVATE"

Thanks in advance.......

ncbshiva
Communicator

Hi

I have a log file , i want to evaluate count of errors from line 1 of the file till the first occurrence of "READY TO ACTIVATE" phrase.

Please help me ..........