Splunk Search

For all occurences, get the duration of a value dropping below a threshhold

jpass
Contributor

I have events that show signal strength. What I want to do is determine the start_time, end_time and duration of any period where the signal strength drops below what is considered 'normal'. My events have two different signals: signal_id=1 and signal_id=2.

Example event:
_time, signal_id, signal_strength, normal_signal
2017-05-16 16:17:28, 1,17.38,14.28

Output I'd like to see:
start_time,end_time,duration,signal_id

0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

Your Base Search Here
| streamstats count(eval(signal_strength>=normal_signal)) AS sessionID BY signal_id
| stats min(_time) AS start_time max(_time) AS end_time range(_time) AS duration count AS numEvents BY signal_id sessionID
| search numEvents>1

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

Your Base Search Here
| streamstats count(eval(signal_strength>=normal_signal)) AS sessionID BY signal_id
| stats min(_time) AS start_time max(_time) AS end_time range(_time) AS duration count AS numEvents BY signal_id sessionID
| search numEvents>1
0 Karma

jpass
Contributor

Yes thank you much.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...

Updated Data Management and AWS GDI Inventory in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to Data Management and Infrastructure Inventory for AWS. The Data Management page, ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...