Splunk Search

Custom Dashboards - Formatting HTML Text - Static Content - Inline Searching?

srw46
Path Finder

Hi all,

I'm creating a custom dashboard which consists of several searches on one page. I want to head each search with a different title explaining to the end user what each search is. At present I am simply using the StaticContentSample module to print a simple, plain text title. How can I format the text to make it bold or larger etc? The plain text is swamped by the detail and isn't very readable.

Here is what I am currently using:

Title

I tried simple putting HTML tags within the 'param' but this doesn't seem to work (it simply prints 'None') instead of any text I add.

Any suggestions?

As a bonus question, I am currently using the 'SearchBar' module with the 'Default' param to include a search string which is ready to go, the user then hits the submit button to start the job. Is there anyway I can have this search string automatically start running on page load? Visibly I mean, so the search string is still there and the job status and event viewer child modules still show as I have configured? I tried substituting hiddensearch and other modules but I lose my child modules.

Thanks for any advice. Let me know if anything isn't clear.

Tags (3)
1 Solution

ziegfried
Influencer

You have to either escape the HTML content in the param node

<param name="text">&lt;b&gt;Title&lt;/b&gt;</param>

or put it into a CDATA node:

<param name="text"><![CDATA[ <b>Title</b> ]]></param>

View solution in original post

ziegfried
Influencer

You have to either escape the HTML content in the param node

<param name="text">&lt;b&gt;Title&lt;/b&gt;</param>

or put it into a CDATA node:

<param name="text"><![CDATA[ <b>Title</b> ]]></param>

srw46
Path Finder

Thanks Ziegfried, works a treat.

0 Karma

srw46
Path Finder

Please ignore the second, 'bonus question'. I've been able to use autoRun="true" to make the search run on load.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...