Splunk Enterprise

Inviting users to Splunk Cloud Trial

jamesfinney

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to invite users to the Splunk Cloud trial I've started.

The documentation says "Go to Settings -> Access Controls" ... I can find no such option - all i can see that's remotely related is "Users and Authentication -> Roles".

I've also tried in the top right going to "My Splunk -> Invite Users". This just takes me my instances and tells me to "..create a custom role", etc, which I've also done.

Am i missing something here?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

13tsavage
Communicator

There should be an Add User Button that appears in your Customer Portal -> Instance page. Maybe you currently are unable to add colleagues/new users because you are on a trial period?

According to Splunk FAQ's:
Question: If I am using my Splunk.com user login to access my instance, how do I invite a collaborator?
Answer: To invite a user, go to the Instance Page in the Customer Portal and click the "Add User" button.

According to Customer Portal -> Instances Home:
You can invite users to join your instance with a custom role. Create a custom role in the Splunk Cloud product, add a role with the same name in the customer portal page, then choose that role when inviting new users. For more information see the Splunk Cloud documentation.

0 Karma

13tsavage
Communicator

This is not really an answer, but you are not the only one unable to add a new user in Splunk Cloud

0 Karma

jamesfinney

Not at all - thanks for your response. I can't find any information anywhere saying that you can't invite users on a trial.

As you said - I found that specific link on the FAQs and followed it. Searched the page for "Add" - definitely nothing there (and checked the drop downs)! 😞 Must be an unspoken limitation of the trial (which doesn't sounds right, but there you go)

0 Karma

jdanielabacode
Engager

Im currently having the same issue but I'm not running on a trial.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...