Splunk Enterprise

How to calculate in customized query the response time from the logs below?

Ash1
Communicator

Hi All.
I am trying to calculate the response time from the logs below.

11-12-2019 23:34:45, 678 this event will calculate the sign in and sign out of the application, Success,=67, failed=121, |sumsuo=1.0|CompleteTime=100sec
11-12-2019 23:34:45, 678 this event will calculate the sign in and sign out of the application, Success,=67, failed=121, |sumsuo=1.0|CompleteTime=10sec
11-12-2019 23:34:45, 678 this event will calculate the sign in and sign out of the application, Success,=67, failed=121, |sumsuo=1.0|CompleteTime=50sec
11-12-2019 23:34:45, 678 this event will calculate the sign in and sign out of the application, Success,=67, failed=121, |sumsuo=1.0|CompleteTime=40sec
11-12-2019 23:34:45, 678 this event will calculate the sign in and sign out of the application, Success,=67, failed=121, |sumsuo=1.0|CompleteTime=130sec

|tstats count where index=xxxx host=abc OR host=cvb OR host=dgf OR host=ujh sourcetype=xxxx  by PREFIX(completetime=)
|rename completetime= as Time
|timechart span=1d avg(Time) by host
|eval ResTime =round(,Time2)

When i am trying to run this query i am not bale to calculate the average of time because when i am doing PREFIX(completetime=) here sec word is also taking up.
How can i ignore it.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use the tonumber() function to extract only the digits from the Time field.

|tstats count where index=xxxx host=abc OR host=cvb OR host=dgf OR host=ujh sourcetype=xxxx  by PREFIX(CompleteTime=)
|rename CompleteTime as Time
|eval Time=tonumber(Time)
|timechart span=1d avg(Time) as ResTime by host
|eval ResTime =round(ResTime, 2)

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

Ash1
Communicator

@richgalloway ,
when i tried to give tonumber i am still seeing Sec
|evak Time=tonumber(Time)

Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In that case, try this alternative that uses rex to extract only the digits from Time.

|tstats count where index=xxxx host=abc OR host=cvb OR host=dgf OR host=ujh sourcetype=xxxx  by PREFIX(CompleteTime=)
|rename CompleteTime as Time
|rex field=Time "(?<Time>\d+)"
|timechart span=1d avg(Time) as ResTime by host
|eval ResTime =round(ResTime, 2)

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...