Splunk Enterprise Security

how to compare different field value and list out the result?

fatboy3388

Hi,
All i want to do is just find out email event which the (sender_email _address) is different with the (return_address) from the exchange log, could someone please help? thx

my search is :
index=msexchange | where in(sender_email_address, "") != in(return_address, "")

thx
Vincent

0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
Legend

@fatboy3388,

Does this work for you ?

index=msexchange | eval isDiff=if(sender_email_address==return_address,0,1)|where isDiff=1
---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@fatboy3388,

Does this work for you ?

index=msexchange | eval isDiff=if(sender_email_address==return_address,0,1)|where isDiff=1
---
0 Karma

fatboy3388

thx ... with the command above , the returned return is .. is there any way to ignore the difference between upper and lowercase letter? thx

result:
sender_email return_address
abc@test.com ABC@test.com

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

yes you could do lower or upper and compare

for eg.

index=msexchange | eval isDiff=if(lower(sender_email_address)==lower(return_address),0,1)|where isDiff=1
---
0 Karma

fatboy3388

thanks for the help!! well appreciated !

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@fatboy3388, Glad that it worked 🙂 . You could upvote also if the solution satisfies your requirement, so that others could also use

---
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...